April 22, 2011

My paleo lifestyle - I'll spare you the details.


I have started this blog because of all of the requests that I have received from friends and family for my recipes.  You will not find me preaching on my blog.  The way I eat works for me, but as with anything from religion to politics, I feel that what works for me isn't necessarily what works for others.  I will admit that I feel the healthiest I have ever felt living a paleo lifestyle. 

Eating healthy has always been top priority for me.  My family went gluten free 2 years ago when my oldest son was diagnosed with an extremely high gluten allergy.  I started a grain free, sugar free diet in October of 2010, and cut out dairy April 1st 2011.  My husband and children are not completely on board with me.  The rule in my house is that if I cook it and you don't like it, make something yourself.  

I work out 3-4 times a week, and have never been better!  I hope that this blog helps people find recipes that are healthier for their bodies, and that taste so good you would never believe they are good for you!  I believe with all of my heart that food needs to taste good in order to survive!

I welcome your feedback and questions.  I warn that I am extremely sarcastic, and quite the smartass, so buckle up and prepare yourself for my response.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! It's about time you started a food blog. What a perfect thing for you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm listening... :) I'm thinking you might put somewhere what a paleo diet is. I can go look it up, but it would be cool to have it on here. I hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa. I'm working on an "about me" page that will contain the information.

    ReplyDelete