May 11, 2011

Chicken Salad

I'm in my office hiding from my children and eating a delicious ice cream sandwich!  We just finished dinner, and daddy is home, so I figured I can hide for 10 minutes and write about our yummy dinner!  Tonight I wanted something that didn't take more than 5 minutes to make.  I'm taking a lazy day on dinner.  I thought of chicken salad and starting pulling random ingredients out.  It literally took me less than 5 minutes to make dinner and it was filling and delish!




Chicken Salad - Serves 4

2 cans chicken in water, drained
2 ribs of celery
1/2 cup walnuts
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used homemade olive oil mayo)
1 Tbsp raw honey
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt

Put the chicken, celery, walnuts and cranberries in a medium bowl. 

In a smaller bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, and salt.  Mix thoroughly.  Add to the medium bowl and stir until well combined.

I served this salad in a leaf of romaine lettuce and topped it with a slice of tomato.  We had steamed broccoli as a side dish.   Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel, I've been making my own mayo, and found the bitter taste of olive oil. Have you found a good solution to this? Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen,

    Olive oil can be tricky. If it is stale, it will get a really bitter flavor to it. If your olive oil is fresh and you still taste it, try an extra virgin olive oil. I make the olive oil mayo the traditional way with eggs, dry mustard, salt and olive oil.

    ReplyDelete