May 5, 2011

Preparing for Mother's Day Brunch, baked egg!

Because I love to cook so much, I usually end up making my own Mother's Day breakfast.  My husband offers every year, and he knows how to find his way around the kitchen, but it takes him SO much longer than it would me (no offense honey) so I just prefer to do it myself.  Every year I have dreams of cheese blintz's, so that's what I make every year.  This year I will add a delicious fruit and chocolate drizzle and we will also have baked eggs. These little tasty morsels are packed with nutrients and they taste REALLY good too!  So, impress yourself, your mom or your spouse and enjoy!


Baked Eggs (makes 6)

8 oz prosciutto
1/4 c chopped zucchini
1/4 c chopped red onion
1/4 c chopped spinach
1/4 c chopped tomato
6 eggs
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Wrap the inside of 6 ramekins with prosciutto.  (It usually takes 1 1/2 strips to wrap completely).  Divide the vegetables between each ramekin.  Place in the oven for about 5 minutes.  Remove from the oven and crack an egg into each ramekin being careful not to break the yolk!  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and return to the oven.  Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking.  Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.  Use a rubber spatula to loosen up the sides of the prosciutto and carefully place on a plate.  Devour :) 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds amazingly delicious, paleo, and most important - do-able! But you are crazy to make your own mother's day breakfast!

    ReplyDelete