July 17, 2011

Almond Joyous Bars

I tried a recipe from Elan's Pantry a few weeks ago, and it just didn't taste the way I had hoped.  I LOVE getting inspiration from her website.  All of the recipes I have tried are good, some are great!  The Chocolate Almond Joy Bars is the recipe that I adapted to be what I envisioned when I read the recipe.  I did make some changes, but I owe kudos to Elana for creating them :)

Almond Joyous Bars

3 eggs
3/4 cup palm sugar
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2.5 oz bar of dark chocolate, chopped
coconut oil for greasing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and sugar.  In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, baking soda and shredded coconut.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Spread in a 8x8 glass baking dish greased with coconut oil.  Pour the batter into the dish and spread evenly.  Sprinkle the almonds on top of the batter.  Then sprinkle to chocolate on top of the almonds.  Bake for about 30 minutes.  Allow to cool for about an hour.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment