February 29, 2012

Well, Hello there Macaroons!



Alright, so I see that my last post was Macaroons.  I guess this may pose a problem, but really, these ones are SO much better, and very easy!  I think they are one of the best/easiest desserts I've made :)  I used my "traditional" ice cream scoop to get the egg shape, super fun for Easter! I hope you enjoy them!


Well, Hello there Macaroons

2 cups dried, finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup honey
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/8 tsp salt
4.5 oz dark chocolate (at least 73%)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Combine coconut and honey in a bowl.  Add unbeaten egg whites, extracts and salt.  Mix until well combined.  Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the "dough" up and pack firmly into the scoop.  Plop down on the parchment paper.  Do this with the remaining "dough".  Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes.  Remove from the oven and, keeping them on the parchment, place them on a wire rack to cool.

Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler.  Once melted, using a pastry brush, paint the bottoms of each of the macaroons with the chocolate, placing chocolate side up back on the parchment.  Place in the refrigerator and cool completely.  Once cooled, turn them over and drizzle with the remaining melted chocolate. Cool and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment