April 27, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

Typically when I print out a recipe one of the first things I do is alter it.  I have been cooking and baking long enough that I know how I like things done.  I made whoopie pies (recipe from comfybelly.com) on Easter.  The filling was not so great, but the cookie...AMAZING!  They are the perfect consistency. I did make a slight change to lower the carb  intake on this cookie.  Thank you comfybelly for a recipe delicious enough for me to blog about it and share!  These cookies would be heaven with paleo ice cream, that's what I will be doing next time I make them :)


Chewy Chocolate Cookies

2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup palm or coconut sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Blend all dry ingredients together, and then add all the wet ingredients and blend well.

Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or a baking mat.  Place a heaping teaspoons (the one you eat with) of batter 2 inches apart.  These things are runny and spread quickly into a large circle.

Bake for 15 minutes.  Cool completely on the cookie sheets (Do NOT take them off after only 2 minutes like you would regular cookies! They will fall apart!)  Slide them off with a spatula.

No comments:

Post a Comment