May 23, 2011

Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops

My sister and I recently took a trek down to Orting, WA to pick up a pastured pig from Crying Rock Farms.  This farm is amazing!  The pigs feed strictly on the land, and are VERY well treated.  Joel is very noble for starting up this farm and is doing a great job (in my opinion) in providing good, clean pork.  If you are in the market to buy a pig, give him a call or shoot him an email.  He is kind and patient and knows a lot about pigs :)  A few days after picking up our pork, I pulled some pork chops out of the freezer and made some fabulous pork chops!  Mind you, I like my meat cooked ALL the way through.  These pork chops had hearty portions of fat on them, so the fat burned on the sides, but do NOT trim the fat off before cooking because it keeps the pork chops nice and juicy!


Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops with Cinnamon Apple Topping

4 pork chops
salt and pepper
3 Tbsp olive oil
3Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tsp garlic powder
2 tsp coconut oil
3 medium apples (I used fuji)
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Salt and pepper the chops.  Combine the olive oil, vinegar and garlic powder and brush onto both sides of  the pork chops.  Grill until cooked through (about 5 minutes on each side) Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil.  When nice and hot, add the apples and "fry" until tender.  Mix in the cinnamon and stir until the apples are evenly coated.  Serve the apples over the pork chops.  I served these with roasted butternut squash. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment