May 19, 2011

Lemon Garlic Chicken

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. We have had the pleasure of having sunshine here in the Northwest for the past few days, and I just couldn't bring myself to come inside long enough to blog :)

This is a meal that shows up frequently on the menu for the week.  My kids love it, and so do my husband and I...so naturally, we eat if often.  It can be even easier if you purchase chicken tenders or thin sliced chicken breasts (this is what I use).

Lemon Garlic Chicken

2 tsp coconut oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1/2 c chicken stock
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
2 tsp lemon juice

Flatten chicken between two pieces of cling wrap with the flat side of a meat tenderizer.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Fry the chicken in the hot oil for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.  Remove chicken from the pan.

To pan, add chicken stock, garlic and lemon juice.  Cook 2 minutes.  Put chicken back in the pan and cook another minute, coating chicken with the sauce.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment